1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Could Trump win again?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Hatham, Jan 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Yeah his actions affect the whole world!
    He's stopping all the countries from fucking us over, and they don't like it one bit!
    Bout time we had a president who puts our nation first.

ijustwantsomepizza likes this.
  2. Dracoa

Dracoa Trusted.Member

As opposed to the lying, cheating, racist, misandrist, childish losers in the Democrat party? Which lying, cheating, racist, misandrist childish loser would you prefer? The full blown communist, or the child groper?

Dane likes this.
  3. Brusebukken87

Brusebukken87 Trusted Member

Hitler was Germany first. Stalin was Soviet first. Mao was China first. Putin is Russia first. That went well didn't it?

Unless the presidents succeding him do a 180 and do some serious damage control. Trump is going to be remembered as the president that started the US decline as the world's powerhouse. He's going to be remembered as the American Neville Chamberlain.

4. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

You have a few facts there wrong.
    Lenin was the first for the USSR, ie; the first soviet and the first communist.

Mao Zedong was the first totalitarian for China, Mao just redirected the totalitarian state
    to communistic state.

Here in the US, I would say Washington is the first. Lincoln is one then by your examples
    of first.
    Roosevelt was another first by finally listening to Harold Wisely and moved to action
    upon the Upton book "The Jungle". Which opened the USDA to prosecutable actions
    against food manufactures who tainted public food.
    Kennedy was another first.
    Johnson another, with his Great Giveaway.

As far as Trump goes, He is just finishing up the work started by Ronald Reagan.
    SO Trump really isn't a first, he's a closer and completer.

And I would say "All those 'firsts' were great achievements by great achievers"!
    And I would also say, " Yes, that went well" to OUR firsts.[/QUOTE]

5. Brusebukken87

Brusebukken87 Trusted Member

My post flew over your head. My point was that just like Trump "puts America first". Hitler put Germany first. Stalin put Soviet first. Mao put China first. And Putin puts Russia first. It didn't go that well for any of them. What made the US the leading nation in the world over the last century, was that most former US Presidents put the world first. In strong contrast to those mentioned above.

Sadly, Trump will most likely be reelected.

6. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

Sadly, your point will be lost on most people here. The Trump supporters, and there are many, could care less what the non believers think of them, or of their demi-god. To Trump and his nation of sheep, its America Uber Alles and to hell with the consequences.
    That it's really short term gain for long term pain is un-important, as to them America is invulnerable.
    The Third Reich was supposed to be invulnerable..........

7. deeretrax

deeretrax Trusted.Member

All through the 2016 election, ALL of the media reported on were the controversies they could drum up and concentrated on bolstering those narratives. Meanwhile, what Trump was SAYING with promises at the time were truths that were resonating. For years people just knew that the America we grew up knowing was being sold out. Great factories shuttered. Never quite being able to put a finger on it because both parties had a hand in it. He commanded great crowds at rallies back then and today. The media never reported that by turning their own blind eye. But people just knew Trump had something that was different. Despite being hounded with disdain day in and day out with the smallest distractions he's outlasted the best of them with what he accomplished. Put simply, he's connected with the people of America whether you like him or not.

Until I see any other Democratic candidate who can pull in crowds like he can, I have no worries about re-election.

Dane likes this.
  8. pussycat

Very true. He offered you exactly what you wanted.

And you fell for it, hook, line and sinker.

9. SecretWishes

SecretWishes Trusted.Member

Oh yeah... definitely unbiased here... But let me ask you this: Which president did NOT have politics that didn't affect the world?

There is a reason why the USD is one of the "standards" that other countries judge the health of their economy on. Trump understands this better than most politicians. His work for the past term has all the tell-marks of someone doing the job properly. What did you expect the other countries to do when they finally get called out to be cheating the US for the last several decades? "Oh you caught us... sorry... we won't do that again"?

China finally admits that they've been boning us over since the WB-8 contracts were first created and gave precedence for every other country to take advantage of it.

Now don't get me wrong. I'm not a PRO-TRUMP gung-ho person. I'm a PRO-PEOPLE of the USA kind of person. D or R doesn't matter to me. What I do care about is whether or not the person can LEAD, keep perspective of what the "American dream" is for the time, and provide a way for advancing the people as a whole.
    What damage control? That the world is mad at us for finally standing up for ourselves economically? Last I checked, much of the world has been at at the US for a LONG time. But rather than try and work with the US and tap into the resources fairly, they attempt to subvert or attack the US.

Hitler wasn't Germany first... Hitler was Hitler first. He didn't listen to his generals, isolated himself more and more to where the generals could not even speak to him to GIVE their advice. He had little regard to listening to the people and when people did not agree with his perspective, they became part of the ignored.

Stalin was more of an old school Kim Jung Un. "It's not what my country is, but what it SHOULD be... and I'll rule it with an iron fist to make sure it behaves like it"

I don't think I need to go through the others, but simply put, regardless of Trump's social establishment, I think he's done a relatively admirable job and I hope whomever has the office next term (him or someone else) will keep in mind that this is a job where he/she is being hired by the PEOPLE and that it is a temp job at that.

If they have little capital experience (meaning they have been paid by a government entity most of their career), then they are not qualified to lead people with private lives and private businesses.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
  10. texasj65

texasj65 Deviant Extraordinaire

The world can envy and hate us without getting our money. Screw the politics of open borders. We are not the saviours of every third world crap hole.

America is not trying to take over the world like Putin, Mao, stalin, Hitler, and most of the other world powers.

Haters got to hate, and Trump has upset the apple cart of the status quo.

northernman, Dane, GreenShark and 2 others like this.
  11. deeretrax

deeretrax Trusted.Member

I see flaws but nothing that's disqualifying my vote. I'm a free American and can vote for whom I chose. I'm not a fish so your unwarranted add hock putdown has no relevance. Given your origins I'm wondering why you think you have a dog in the hunt anyway.

Dane and TopGun like this.
  12. SecretWishes

She doesn't have a "dog in the hunt", but she does bring a relatively fresh perspective of what the world knows and thinks about us , and that affects how we (can) operate with/without them... we may be our own country, but we hardly operate that way. Every aspect of our lives is dependent/co-dependent on the efforts of other countries.

Made in China, Made in Taiwan, Made in the Philippines, Made in Japan, Made in Mexico... Made in the USA

The world operates because the world operates together... Those that do not (N.Korea) are stuck in developments or take MASSIVE costs for said technologies.

northernman, Dane and TopGun like this.
  13. deeretrax

deeretrax Trusted.Member

Good fences make good neighbors and still the wheels of commerce will always stay greased. I have no worries about Justin or really even care. That said, others can live too without being a busy body about what goes on here. That's all I'm saying.

14. pussycat

I don't have a dog in the hunt, just a bunch of yappy mutts on the other side of the fence.

SecretWishes likes this.
  15. pussycat

Get something straight. This is a political forum, open to all to voice their opinion and exercise their right to free speech. It is not an exclusive playground for the American right.

Every member has the right to express an opinion. You are under no obligation to respect that opinion, but you are obliged to respect the right to express it.

Dane and SecretWishes like this.
  16. deeretrax

deeretrax Trusted.Member

My I point out that my posts are just general opinions and I was the one who refrained from calling anyone names and using backhanded insults to others here.
    Your point exactly, take it.

"To Trump and his nation of sheep"
    "And you fell for it, hook, line and sinker"
    "just a bunch of yappy mutts on the other side of the fence".

17. TopGun

TopGun Trusted.Member

One of the major problems society has today is civility.
    If you have a different opinion then it’s ok to be nasty to each other and call individuals names.
    If you disagree with me I expect you to be respectful about it.
    We all are t going to agree every time but we can respect each other

Dane likes this.
  18. pussycat

If you don't like the comments and/or criticisms posted here, you can always exercise your right to not participate.
    I would caution you about making this personal - with anyone.

Dane likes this.
  19. pussycat

True. Quite honestly, if I were to respond how I really feel about some of the hogwash people post, I'd have to ban myself.
    But where the problem seems to lie with some is, that where the word "you" is used, they assume it's directed personally at them, as opposed to the collective whole. The illusion of centerism, if you wish.

One of the other problems is that some Americans (not all, of course) seem to think that although the USA has the God given right to interfere in everyone else's business, no one else is allowed to be critical of said USA, because, well, it's America.
    That is not an opinion I share, as you may have surmised.

20. SecretWishes

:: takes off member hat ::
    :: puts on moderator hat ::

Okay people, let's cool this down before it get's too deep and personal.

Comments about people in general = okay
    Comments about a person specifically = not okay

:: takes off moderator hat ::

:: puts on member hat ::

Politics specifically aside, I think Trump will be find for keeping the office for one more term. Those who complain often do not do anything about it to stop said complaints. Those who matter do not speak up until it comes down to the wire and somebody else notices.

Right now, those who "matter" are siding with Trump. Most of them are business oriented people more than workers. Typical workers do not often see the back-end that businesses need to keep running to stay in business.

I used to work in the communications world, so we'll use the cell phone bill as an example.
    Take a typical cell phone bill. MOST people pay their bill (loading isn't a regular thing in the USA) and move on from there. If you ask them who does that bill go to specifically, most would have no clue or answer "the top guy" in one form or another. What they don't USUALLY think about is that a typical cell phone bill is split ON AVERAGE 7--10 ways. From the owner of the store/kiosk/channel that the CONTRACT was coordinated, to the franchise distributer, etc.

Those that "matter" think about all the aspects of keeping the machine known as the United States of America running and take all of that into account when it comes to choosing a leader.

The rest may make an opinion/complaint, but rarely have a viable and/or functioning solution for the situation that may appear.

northernman and Dane like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.