1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Conspiracy Theories

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Neophyte, Aug 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

To clarify. I also have an issue with Ron Paul. Who uses his FB to post a statement and a link to his subscription site. Same with George Takai.

2. TriadSibling

TriadSibling Bro/Sis Enthusiast

People can click whatever links they want, but that information wouldn't be out there if these sites didn't allow it, so yes, that falls under the same category, as far as I'm concerned.
    The fact that the service is "offered for free" is irrelevant, if the site is going to offer the ability for some people or companies to advertise and share links, then they need to allow everyone to do it. They should not be able to pick and choose based on political ideas or personal bias.
    If they're going to deny one person, then they should make it a rule for the whole site, even for major companies.

amiraj, Insp Gadget and Brutus58 like this.
  3. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

I think the "COMMUNICATIONS ACT OF 1934" would apply in this case. The only stumbling point is whether or not YouTube, Face Book, Twitter and all the others can be classified as Broadcast and/or Communication Companies. I believe that a case to determine this will come up before the Supreme Court. It would probably be in the best interest of these companies to regulate themselves and stop censoring baste on political view.

4. TriadSibling

It could be argued that because they offer a service that has the purpose of allowing communication and broadcasting, they should've already been classified as such.

Brutus58 and Neophyte like this.
  5. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Especially soy!!! Soy milk, tofu, soy being added to just about everything!

Neophyte likes this.
  6. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

And yet the new Common Core is being pushed on innocent children.
    Soy makes people infertile. Sperm counts drop. Women have trouble conceiving. My sister raised her children as vegetarians with lots of soy in their diet. They all have lots of hormonal problems and conception issues. It's red meat/bacon/chicken/eggs for me.

Insp Gadget and TriadSibling like this.
  7. TriadSibling

Yeah, it's a mess. That's the problem with having a government created curriculum. Not only does it not work, but it also presents an easy way to shove propaganda down the next generation's throats without them realizing it's all BS.

Insp Gadget, Brutus58 and Neophyte like this.
  8. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

Do you really believe that, or are you pulling one of those "alternate facts" stunts?

Good grief. :rolleyes:

amiraj and Brutus58 like this.
  9. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Just the facts and what I witnessed personally. And yes, I believe that. I wouldn't have said it if I didn't.

10. pussycat

What facts? The only actual study I'm aware of had a sample of about a hundred people, hardly the basis of a "fact". Unless you're Trump, of course. Personally I wish it were true, it could be useful for population control.
    But I seriously doubt it.
    Considering the population of Japan, lol.

:rolleyes:

amiraj likes this.
  11. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Sister is a dietician. It's true that on the whole, vegans develop vitamin and hormonal deficiencies later in life if
    they don't take the proper supplements. The major ones are the heavy metals, zinc, iron, copper etc.
    The retirement center she is at, even with iron vitamins, anemia is an on-going problem with those
    who refuse all meats, especially red meats.

She told me when I asked her what the real truth is on this, that a vegetarian can get all they need but very few do
    because they don't eat enough of a diverse vegetarian diet. She said things like seaweed, kelp, extra large leafy
    greens such as collard, mustard, and kale greens aren't eaten as often as needed. Same with beans, they generally
    prefer rice and pasta dishes, but should be eating many different bean types.

She said she includes a lot of spinach into their meals as they don't like the other greens and does meatless chili
    to compensate for the lack of protein and metals.
    She also said that there are a lot of spices that can help maintain a hormonal balance- something about they
    activate the adrenal gland-.

I've taken her advice over the years, and she and I are the only 2 children out of 8 who isn't all grey hair.
    The youngest of the family, my brother ( who is 57 now) as well as my older brothers and sisters were
    all grey before age 55. Most were grey at 50. I am 60 and I have grey on my sideburns and a little grey mixed in, but mainly still
    brown. My sister is 65 and has very few grey hairs, she is a redhead. ( all of us have (had) some red in our hair).

She said it's because of the diverse diets we both share. She claims the hair staying with color has to do with getting the
    correct amount of copper (as well as the other metal, vitamins). But copper is the main requirement.

Just my 2 copper pennies worth...……..

Insp Gadget and Brutus58 like this.
  12. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Just what I witnessed with my sister's children. That's 4 facts right there. There fore I believed that before I even knew who Trump was!
    Thank you for your reply. As I said before, the four facts were are my four nieces. I was on a road trip with my sister, brother-in-law, and then the only niece. We stopped at my sister's god parents house. They had a small dog and the dog food was in a bowl on the floor. My niece found it and started to DEVOUR the stuff. She even fought the dog off for the dog food. All my brother-in-law said is " I wonder if there's something lacking in her diet". I just looked at him and said "everything". My sister and her husband are doctors! You think that they were taught something in medical school about diet. They attended an Adventist medical school. They are all vegitarians. It's a religious thing. Still, I would have thought that proper dietary needs would have been taught! Why should a child, who just learned to walk, have to fight off a dog for proper nutrition! Her body knew that the dog food was providing what her body needed. Her parents were not. When I commented about vegetarian diet was not sufficient, my sister ripped into me. She didn't like to reprimanded in front of her god parents. Too f....in bad!

Insp Gadget likes this.
  13. pussycat

With the demographics here, more than half of my patients are geriatric. With age comes health issues, and diet can be very important in controlling this. A large portion of my NP upgrade courses were on nutrition, not to mention the years of experience. So, yes, I actually do know what I'm talking about.

amiraj and Brutus58 like this.
  14. LenovoK8

LenovoK8 Account Deleted

Too much inflation is bad and too less inflation is also bad.
    3 - 4 % inflation is good for economic environment.
    The central bank of any country manages it within such limits.

Brutus58 likes this.
  15. Neophyte

If inflation is higher than the standard bank savings interest rate, then everyone is losing money. Your real net worth is dropping. The current bank interest rate is about .7% so inflation rate should be -.3% for everyone to benefit.

16. LenovoK8

LenovoK8 Account Deleted

In today's globalized world you need to consider inflation rates world over not just in one country.
    Those who invest money will invest in such a country where they can get higher returns. For example inflation is higher in India and the returns on Investments are much higher than that, even interest rate you get in a savings account is around 4 % .
    Those who keep money in bank account do not have investment as their primary motive, for investment people invest in Mutual Funds, Bonds etc.
    Recently US Federal Bank increased interest rates and that led to partial flight of capital from India; in globalized financial system many variables are at play.

amiraj likes this.
  17. Janet

Janet Trusted.Member

Twenty years ago the Media were after Bill Clinton. Today the Media are after Donald Trump. In 20 years the Media will be after someone else. Media and Hollywood try to control our lives. Scare the Mommies. U.S. population will hit 400 million in about 27 years. What a mess. I'm a happy, healthy bi womyn who's having a lot of sex every day, more on weekends. Can't worry about $#!+ the Nanny Newsies bombard everyone with.

Speaking of Hollywood and the Media, a few years ago I attended an education conference in Western New England and paid for a very expensive private car ride to the hotel from the airport. Guy who drove me told me he routinely drives Hollywood celebrities and their kids to exclusive NE prep schools and colleges. They are nothing like the characters they play in films and TV series and what PR their Publicists send to the tabloids and on-line Media. Most have a degree in performing arts or no college at all. They are selfish conservative misers, no matter what liberal causes they espouse.

Then there are the local TV news celebrities who brainwash everyone day-in and day-out. Their Scare the Mommies garbage is the worst. Of course their own lives are completely off-the-radar.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
    EggHead and Brutus58 like this.
  18. Neophyte

Actually the Fed are trying to stabilize the Inflation Rate at about 2% not 4%. And believing that the Global Market will influence your economic well being is incorrect. Your personal economic well being is determined at where you have your assets. It doesn't matter if India has 4% interest, if your assets aren't there. It looks like you are going by The Keynesian Economic Theory, but its my belief that Keynesian Economics is a fraud. The application of Keynes' theory actually causes a downturn of economic growth, where the theory believes that instead of accumulating cash it should be transferred into investments and durable goods will cause growth, it hasn't happened. The value of your Durable Goods may increase with a higher Inflation Rate, but the value of the Cash you can turn it into decreases, along with depreciation and obsolescence, most Durable Goods loses value at a faster rate than inflation increases it. There are a few things that gain value at a high enough rate to stay ahead of the negative factors, but the majority of the people can't take advantage of this. So under Keynesian Economics what actually happens is that the Rich gets richer and the Poor gets poorer.

19. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

The real issue is how "inflation" is calculated. How can inflation be low when housing alone in 35 years has had a FIVE HUNDRED percent rise. Too tired to do the reversing of the compounding. So lets call it around 13% a year smoothed. They take out anything that would make the # seem high.

20. Neophyte

A lot of other things are not used in calculating inflation, like food, clothing, fuel, pretty much all consumer goods.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.