1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

College Students Vote

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Antares, Jul 27, 2017.

?

College Students should be permitted to vote where they attend school.

Poll closed Aug 3, 2017.
  1. YES

55.6%
  2. NO

44.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antares

Antares The Famous LTD Doggie

Enjoy the posts people but don't forget to vote
    even if you don't comment on the question when you consider 157 have have read the posts.
    Nine votes doesn't quite cut it.
    I thank those that have voted.
    (the count is updated at times)​

2. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

Age group of 18-21 is more accurate there. I know MANY people who were married with a kid by 25.

3. buffyfan

Is that 120 individual? Or does it tick one every time we come in to respond?

4. Antares

Well actually Buffy its 135 at present minus our 43 comments. So that = 91 who looked at the thread without commenting or voting of which we got 8 votes or 8.79%

5. jmson

jmson Trusted Member

Of course!

6. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

I just heard this on the news. I wish they had this policy when I was going to school.

University of Georgia

7. Antares

I had heard you went to school but Slisse told me it was this Reform School.
    [​IMG]

:D:D:D

8. Neophyte

That can't be me. He has too much hair. :p

9. Antares

Your Roomie perhaps?

10. Neophyte

I'll pass.

Antares likes this.
  11. Zarp

Zarp Trusted.Member

I am sorry, but that is just so much bullshit! How in the hell are these kids supposed to function in the real world if they can't take getting a failing grade???? Will your boss just say, oh that's ok, I understand you are stressed so just relax and tell me how much money you think you earned this week and I will just cut you a check????????

Neophyte and Antares like this.
  12. buffyfan

No. But at the same time, more and more in our corporate clients, I see a shift from "I am THE ELDER. Just OBEY and do it my way." to "OK. What is your idea on how to improve this process.".

My University must be an exception. I sit on the admissions board, hold the Vice Chair of the department (FiL makes me so he does not have to deal with people) and the Disciplinary Board (part of which make us the people who review GPAs for who is in probation and who is being "dismissed"). I have not seen one of these students who can not handle it. I have dismissals who negotiate their way into one more semester. That is as close as it gets.

13. Antares

I have sat on ROTC scholarship boards. Part of my job in determining who got the scholarship was, does that person really want to serve in the military or is he just looking for us to pay his way. I have various ways of asking that question and you would be surprised how many fall into the trap of indicating they only want us to pay their way. Sorry that doesn't cut it with me. We aren't here to be your rich uncle.

14. Antares

Yea right.....That's really going to fly well in the real world. This ain't the Free Bernie Sanders University. You either do the work assigned or its out the door you go.

15. Antares

You should have seen my university when I ask someone about how math classes were taught with a TA who could speak English worth a darn.....Answer was..."We aren't here to teach you math. We are here to weed out the engineers. You should have learned this at a community college before coming here." and this was for an introductory calculus course.

16. Neophyte

I though at least a 4 year term was mandatory for accepting Uncle Sam's cash for that. Unless you get kicked out.

17. Antares

You get kicked out you must pay it all back. Uncle is funny that way.

No depending on the service there are 1,2, & 4 yr all inclusive scholarships for both undergraduate and graduate school with many variations of course on what your goals were and the needs of the services.

Neophyte likes this.
  18. Zarp

Zarp Trusted.Member

I totally agree!!!

19. gator2211

gator2211 New Member

Who is paying for their college

20. Antares

That's impossible to say with all the variations in student aid these days. One thing for certain its not the local populations who lives there all the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.