1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Bettman Bans Canada ?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Insp Gadget, Sep 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

Absolutely agree - the skill level is exceptional, and the games are played with passion.

2. Antares

Antares The Famous LTD Doggie

They work in theory for the NHL through the team owners so its within their authority to not allow any associated with the NHL not to participate. If they chose to go to the Olympics anyway then they can be removed from the NHL and be without a job. Its their choice.

3. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

That's rather self-evident, but thanks anyway.

On the flip side, if Connor McDavid said screw it, I'm playing for Canada, do you really think the Oilers would fire him? Not in your lifetime, but Bettman would sure try. Like I said, "cockroach".

Insp Gadget likes this.
  4. Antares

The Oiler may not have a choice in the matter if the NHL bars him for playing. They are the governing body after all. If they say he's done then he's out of a job.

5. pussycat

Exactly.

Hence, why we are saying............

WE HATE FUCKING BETTMAN

:p:p

(actually, I think the most he could do is suspend him, and then it becomes a legal arguement, and I'm sick of legalities)

6. Antares

Well then form your own hockey league....problem solved.
    suspend him? as in permanent suspension

7. pussycat

We did. It's called the NHL.

8. pussycat

Lifetime suspension? Never make it stick.

9. Antares

doesn't have to be....suspended for 2018, suspended 2019, suspended 2020, etc and so on

10. Antares

seems then the corporate offices for NHL must have left the country at some point

11. pussycat

Ever wonder what nation was in "National" Hockey League? Canada. All the teams were Canadian, then the Boston Bruins joined a year or so later, and so on. And the "corporate offices" were in Montreal until some retard moved them.

Insp Gadget likes this.
  12. pussycat

Won't work. The NHLPA would go on strike. As it is, you can bet the right to play in the Olympics will be in the next collective bargaining agreement.

Insp Gadget likes this.
  13. Antares

I sort of agree with the ban (despite the Russians...lol) Olympics are supposed to be for non-professionals to compete in. College should be the furthest that is allowed under the guidelines. And that goes for NBA players as well. Frankly I have lose all interest.

14. Insp Gadget

[​IMG]

No qualifications whatsoever for the job - I wonder who the jerk had to fellate to get it ?

:D

15. Insp Gadget

[​IMG]

16. Insp Gadget

The NHL would be a minor league without its international players. Russians, Swedes, Czechs, Canadians, Finns - all gone ?

And the sooner the better would be fine, thanks. USA rules suck as much as their hockey does - well except for their Women's World team. :)

17. Insp Gadget

It has been my opinion for some time that the most entertaining ice hockey to watch is the Women's World Championships. And I'm not kidding - the teams are highly skilful, and there is not the 'goon' play seen too often in the National Hockey League.

Canada was the top team for many years, but the USA squad has had our number recently. They are the current World champions. Finland has been close, Russia of course, but they're not close enough yet.

Here is a photo from the USA championship team :

[​IMG]

Nice, eh. Gorgeous, professional, poised, and standing proudly in front of their flag. They are a credit to the sport.

And then there's the Canadians ...

[​IMG]

pussycat likes this.
  18. Insp Gadget

[​IMG] :D

19. Insp Gadget

20. Insp Gadget

Bettman.jpg

[​IMG]