1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Are you ready for some football

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by allison17, Jun 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

yea but I don't have to like it. what about all the losing Colleges?

Neophyte likes this.
  2. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

Lets face it the money is going into the school Presidents pay,then the coach, then the athletic department. so how much is really going to the schools?

Neophyte likes this.
  3. incestfan67

incestfan67 Trusted.Member

College football is steeped in tradition.Most of major university programs have been around for well over one hundred years.Team names,colors and fight songs have changed little in decades.Rivalry runs deep all year round for basketball and other sports.Universities don't pull up stakes and leave like some pro teams do.Football in it's pure'st form is at the high school level.Something about going to a game on a crisp October night seeing kids and adults kick back after a long work week.Back in the late 80's I was visiting family in another state.The local high school won the state tittle a few years before.I took a walk trough the town and stopped a gas station and asked where the high school is.One man told me two blocks down the street"Yeah that's where the Wildcats live!"The man said.I was told that on the weekend of the championship game there was a sign"Last guy out of town turn out the lights!"

allison17 likes this.
  4. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

WARNING, do not go into the swamp you night not make it back out ;):)

e0f6a5ac3b08c15e262c78fd68c09898.jpg gator-nation-edf.jpg

Insp Gadget likes this.
  5. incestfan67

Allison,what do think of ESPN's college gameday?

allison17 likes this.
  6. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

I don't pay attention to pre game arm chair quarterbacks. They just run their mouth and guess by the stats. Stats mean nothing in a football game it boils down to who plays the better game that day. For example Alabama is taking on Florida State in the opener. Alabama is ranked no 1. Florida State is ranked number 3. Nick Sabans motto is you can't beat the best unless you play the best. Now that is one hell of a game to open the season with. Are the tide favorites sure but If Florida State kicks there ass they could jump over Ohio state and be #1 in the country. Most good teams take on patsys they know they can beat to open the season so I have to give Alabama a big hell yea for going for it. So I forget the pregame BS and just wait until the game starts.

7. incestfan67

In the heat of August we have pre season NFL and some one posted on social media high school scores from a state in the south.In other words bring plenty of ice to the tailgate party!

allison17 likes this.
  8. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

Yes, I do not see any reason for pre season games. I think the NFL has what like 4 of them before the season really starts. You could lose one of your star players and if he gets hurt and can't play the rest of the season that hurts. I think they should just practice like they do in college and then go straight into the games. It's just the NFL making more money by having pre season games and also the tv networks.

pussycat likes this.
  9. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

Its well into the CFL season and my Tiger Cats are a glorious 0 - 6.

:mad::mad:

The worse part is, they look like an 0 - 6 team. AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH

:mad:

Insp Gadget and allison17 like this.
  10. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

Awwwwwww that sucks. :(

11. pussycat

Just because Allison spurred my interest, we watched Michigan vs Florida. Michigan had the number one defense in the country last year but lost 10 of their starting players to the NFL for this year. Guess what, Michigan probably still has the number one defense. Florida scored a whopping 3 offensive points!
    I guess it pays to be a big school and have that kind of depth.

:D:D

12. pussycat

Oh, and my Tigger-Cats finally won. We're now a whopping 1 - 8.
    WOO:rolleyes: HOO!:rolleyes:

13. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

My Gators lost their first game to Michigan but they also had 10 players suspended from the game. they are 0-1 :(

14. pussycat

Its not that Florida played badly they just ran into a brick wall.

allison17 likes this.
  15. incestfan67

Football is back,'nuff said!!!

16. Penpal_Andrew

Penpal_Andrew Trusted Member

If there is a choice between College Football and the NFL, College Football wins.

Missouri beat Missouri State 72 to 43. I'm sorry, but you should never have 115 points scored in a football game. It tells me there was no defense.

Alabama beat Florida State 24 to 7. It seems like Nick Saban is equally critical of his team if they win or lose.

Kansas has a decisive win and is currently undefeated. This proves that the world has gone TopsyTurvy with super hurricanes and a lunatic in North Korea.

allison17 likes this.
  17. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

Thats for dang sure without their star running back and their star wide reciever. I don't even know how long they are suspended but you are right in that game they ran into one hell of a defense. well at least I am happy because Alabama beat our rival Florida State. I am afraid it is going to be a long year for my gators but I will never quit rooting for them. good or bad they are my team. Goooooooooooooo Gators.

18. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

You got that right college is the best. Alabama wins because they always reqruite good. they never have to rebuild they just send in another player. That is why Nick Saban makes 8 million a year. They could beat most NFL teams.

19. pussycat

I just have to post this.

All Blacks 57 - Springboks 0

:eek:

20. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

Take heart, my dear - Johnny Football may be coming to your rescue !

[​IMG]

I hope it happens, and if it does happen it could be one of those 'everyone wins' situations, I think.

21. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

Honey, just be happy that our teams don't look like this ...

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.