1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

A Conservatives view of Liberals

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Neophyte, Mar 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

I believe that is only partially true. They may actually be diagnosed, just not properly treated.

2. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

And that is partly caused by the "Cut taxes so we can cut spending so we can cut taxes".

3. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

The other side of the coin is raise taxes and still cut the spending on mental health care while diverting the money to something really stupid. Past eight years proved that.

4. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

The Liberal Leadership wants the Mentally Ill and Criminally Insane loose among the Public. Having them in the general population causes disruption, disruption causes chaos, chaos cause the people to call for Government Intervention, which is what the Liberal Leadership wants.

Danny Boy 1966 and Brutus58 like this.
  5. buffyfan

Was actually not commenting on party. Was calling out a mentality of the Boomers and Greatest. "I need lower taxes! Dont care what you have to cut just lower them!". I have seen it happen twice in my lifetime in Nassau County in NY. But in the reverse of what you think. Gulotta (R) rode us into junk bond status with tax cuts now worry about spending later (that is what really happens, taxes drop spending does not no matter who is in charge). In comes Suozzi (D) fixes it. Then they elected Mangano. Tax cuts and he currently has a jury deliberating his fate for alleged HUGE corruption. In the last cycle of that they also wanted to float a multi BILLION bond issue to rebuild the Nassau Colosseum. Wang, the owner of the Islanders, offered to fund it himself. A Republican Legislature and Exec said "No. We need to fund it ALL.". Turns out they wanted to control who got the work. Bond issue failed 80-20 when it came to a vote. They are also now under NIFA control because Mangano was SO incompetent.

Brutus58 likes this.
  6. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

I didn't explain myself very well. Let's agree that both parties are responsible. My problem with the eight years of Obama is that he DID NOTHING TO REVERSE IT! And yet everybody loves his ass. (Just the democrats and liberals) I truly believe that's why we have all these nut cases doing these mass shootings. Instead of blaming the NRA, people should be blaming the dems for not responding to mental health issues for eight years of nothing done about it.

Last edited: May 28, 2018
    itshot and Zarp like this.
  7. buffyfan

Agreed.

I want to point out that I have come across two people in my personal life who are Conservative and HUGE snowflakes.

Both posted memes about Roseanne and someone else (different in each one Samantha Bee in one and Maher in the other). Both are now threatening people with blocking if they post anything but how right they are in response. Because explaining why there is a difference is "harassing" them. Disagreeing is "harassing" them.

Brutus58, itshot and annab2 like this.
  8. Neophyte

Liberals cannot exist without Conservatives, Conservative can exist quite well without Liberals.

Liberals tend to try and dominate a Society. They will use the production of the Society to feed itself and make itself larger and as The Liberalism grows stronger, Society grows weaker. Liberalism feeds on Society as does a parasite does its host, eventually killing its host.

Conservatives tend to nurture and grow a Society. They will do what is best to grow a Society and make it stronger.

Liberals try to justify their actions by trying to convince people that going with the Conservatives will lead to stagnation, they want to leap ahead and see what happens after. Where Conservatives want to look at the consequences before jumping in. Liberals want action now, Conservatives want action when its safe.

So Conservatives must create the Society before the Liberals can exist and the Conservatives must fix the Society after the Liberals break it.

Brutus58 likes this.
  9. buffyfan

Or the reality. Social Conservatives want things to stay the same. Why make Gay Marriage legal? It violates "how things were" and therefore is not needed. It hurts no one. But needs to be banned because it "offends" others. And it can lead to............. The only "Consequence" is Christians have to see and admit it is real. They offer "seperate but equal" things like "Something similar but not called marriage!"

We need to reverse Roe. Because unlike Guns which "no law will prevent someone from getting", a law against abortion will totally stop every one forever. Or at least limit it to "Six weeks, with a 2 week waiting period to consider it".

Legal MJ. We cant do that! Reefer Madness! It is a gateway! It is addictive! I dont care what science says! I KNOW!

The truth is a lot of Conservative reasons why we should not do something are "Well it was not needed before."

Brutus58 likes this.
  10. Neophyte

You are transposing what you want Society to do with what is best for Society to do. You don't know if Gay Marriages will help Society, you want Gay Marriages to help Society. Wanting and knowing are two different things.

Brutus58 likes this.
  11. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

A very good point!

Neophyte likes this.
  12. Neophyte

Brutus58 likes this.
  13. Neophyte

I've looked at some disturbing data lately. All over the World, not just in the United States, as Liberalism increases in power and scope, personal freedom is declining. By projecting this to its logical conclusion, if Liberalism takes complete control, personal freedom will be gone. You can argue all you want that this is not true, the data shows that it is true.

Danny Boy 1966 and Brutus58 like this.
  14. Neophyte

This video seems to me, to be an excellent explanation of what and why Liberal Democrats attack Conservative Republicans. Understanding this video leads you to understanding how dark and dangerous the Liberal Democrat Party is. Also understanding the video, you will understand why the Liberal democrats are pushing the agenda that they currently are.

Brutus58 likes this.
  15. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

I believe that!

Neophyte likes this.
  16. Neophyte

The policies of the Liberal democrats has failed. Indications are that their policies were the wrong ones to pursue. This leaves Liberal Democrats with three options, Acceptance, Denial or Revenge.

Those that accept that the policies have failed will change their affiliation to another Party. This is evident because it has been observed of many people leaving the Party and joining others. With the lost of those that choose Acceptance, the Liberal Democrats are scrambling to try and replace their supporters.

Those that are in Denial will continue to defend their policies, even though they have been proven to be wrong. They will believe that their policies are right and refuse to change their position. The Deniers will continue to act as if they are right, no matter the evidence to the contrary. They will deny all facts that challenges their belief.

Finally the ones that choose Revenge know that their policies are wrong, but they cannot abandon their Ideology. So they decide, if they can't win then no-one else should win either. So they work to cause everyone else to fail.

Take Illegal Immigration. The evidence proves that the unrestricted influx of illegal immigrants is hurtful to the American People and to the countries economy. So the Liberal Democrat will refuse to argue the issue based on the evidence and results. Since they will lose any argument based on Logic and Reasoning, the Liberal democrat resorts to attacking on an emotional basis. They say its cruel to deport the illegals, they plead for compassion to help, and if those statements are rejected, then they will resort to calling their opponents Racist and Xenophobes. Similar results can be seen in Economic Policies, the Affordable Care Act, Middle East Refugees, The Border Wall, The Paris Accords, The Iran Nuclear Deal and many other issues.

The Revengers can be seen in groups like Occupy Wall Street, Antifa, Black Lives Matter and many other groups. They also attack existing Institutions and Systems. You see this where Historical Statues are removed, The Confederate Battle Flag is banned, Christian Values are attacked and ridiculed, Historical Facts are omitted or changed, our Founding Fathers are impugned. Many other examples also exists.

The Deniers and Revengers are trapped by their Ideological rigidness. Its like a very religious person getting proof that God does not exist, the conflict of their belief in their Ideology and actuality of Reality give rise to their irrational behavior.

Brutus58 likes this.
  17. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Well said!

Neophyte likes this.
  18. Neophyte

19. buffyfan

Why are the bans needed then? There is no proof that they help society. You want it to be "proven" because it is the "Social Conservative" view. And to you that means it is right and proven and best. But I give up. You are so stuck in the Con loop about how amazing they are, you will never actually listen.

Brutus58 likes this.
  20. Neophyte

You had stated that Conservatives were against legalizing Gay Marriages, Abortions and Marijuana and expected everyone to agree with you with no explanation or reasoning offered. If you don't give an explanation or reason, then I assume its just something you want. There is only a small minority of Conservatives that oppose legalizing these things, but there is a larger fraction that oppose having the Government involved with them.

Brutus58 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.