1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

2017 Gubanatorial Races and the Uninformed

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by buffyfan, Nov 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

This is not bragging. I just had to share the BS I just read. Someone actually said, in VA and NJ? "It is not over yet. Lets see if they actually take office in January!" Because he thinks somehow the elections can be reversed because "his side" lost. Guys. This is why people think all Conservatives are NUTS. In VA, I shit you not, he insists the State House can overtuen the Governor's election and name a new one. Or just pass laws that give him NO power and give it all to the Legislature until an R wins.

In addition, he told someone who practices law (me), that in a Civil case for libel on the WaPo? Moore has to prove NOTHING. WaPo, the defendant, has to prove it is true. Except no. Because in a civil case? Plaintiff has to prove. If he does not? The Defense can cross their arms and say "please dismiss" and the judge WILL>

2. Zarp

Zarp Trusted.Member

Only addressing the first paragraph of your post.
    Ok, so what makes this person any crazier with his statement than what Clinton and almost the entire DNC have been doing since Trump got elected? That would also make the liberals nuts as well correct?

3. gwcc

gwcc Trusted Member

There are nuts on both sides. Gillespie lost the state worse than Trump did in Va. Interesting take on Va from Ann Coulter...

Link Removed

Sorry no links to blogs allowed - CM

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2017
  4. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

If I interpret Coulters article correctly, she is saying that everyone who is an immigrant, or decended from an immigrant is a Democrat, and therefore I must conclude that the only Republicans in the USA are the indiginous first nation people.

Hmm,, how the fuck did you manage to elect Trump?

:confused:

5. pussycat

You are correct, Zarp. You are all totally nuts.

Insp Gadget likes this.
  6. Zarp

Zarp Trusted.Member

Well, in my case he was the less of two evils lol, and yes pussycat what is going on is causing us all here to act a little crazy. Now as far as immigrants go to my knowledge ever person in the US is descended from one besides the native Americans. My actual political beliefs fall somewhere between the far right and the far left, that being said I couldn’t sit by and watch as our country was handed over to the flood of illegal immigrants who in now way accept our way of life and refuse to abide by the rules of law I have done my best to obey my entire life. I hope that all made sense.

7. gwcc

gwcc Trusted Member

My vote went to Trump, but it was really a vote against Hillary. She was just too corrupt to allow the keys to the kingdom. She never mentioned the middle class, working folks. That's who is getting screwed by the politicians. No one cared about the transsexual bathroom issue. We need better jobs, higher wages and otherwise to be left alone by the government. Trump at least talked about that. Hillary disappeared the last 2 months of the election after she collapsed during the 9-11 ceremony.

jillicious likes this.
  8. jillicious

jillicious Incestuous Story Writer

There is no way I would have ever voted for that horrible woman. I nearly bought into it at first but I just couldn't. I started watching videos of both candidates from the 90's, 00's, and present. Trump has never changed what he has been saying. The reaction from the left after the election was all I needed to remind me to stay away from them. Their "Muh Russia!" narrative which has not been legitimately tied to Trump but instead continuously points towards Hillary over and over again is enough to keep me away from the left for many years to come. There are stupid people on both sides but quite frankly the left currently reminds me of children.

9. buffyfan

Because Dems are talking about removal for possible cause the fact he "Vacations" at his resort. Where Secret Service has to rent rooms from HIM and rent carts when he golfs from HIM. This person was talking about eliminating the powers of governor because THEIR SIDE lost. Know what happens if Trump does get impeached today? Pence. Him too. Ryan. The list of impeachments to get a Dem is probably close to 20 people. Again. This person is insisting they can just decide they have a "no power" governor or just "re-hold the election because we lost". Here is the truth folks. The hardcore R only works in solid red states. Because? In states like VA? The cities hold more people than the rural. And in a popular election. If one COUNTY out pops the other 20? And that county all vote one way. Thats it. That county decides.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  10. buffyfan

And how is he helping the middle class? The R tax "reform"? Coincidentally, there are parts that kick in right after the next POTUS election that raise taxes on the middle. Oh. And another coincidence? TWO House elections and a few Senatorial (2018, 2020).

11. gwcc

gwcc Trusted Member

I haven't seen that analysis. Who did it?

12. gwcc

gwcc Trusted Member

Yep. That's the beauty of the electoral college system in the presidential. Clinton won the popular vote last year based on her lead in 4 cities (NY, SF, LA and Chi). She got so many more votes than Trump in just 4 cities to account for her 3.8 million popular vote win. LA and NYC alone had almost 3 million more votes for Clinton than Trump. Cities can win statewide elections, but not presidential ones. Genius, the founding fathers were.

jillicious likes this.
  13. buffyfan

To a point. Because? We do not live under the actual system they set up. I do not remember what the calculation was. But until the 1920s? The House grew as the population did. They capped the House at its current number. The current population is over 3x. Under the system the Founders created? Congress should be over 1000 people. And states like NY, CA, TX, etc. The big 10? Should have a lot more house members and electors.

And to another point. That is how states work. So can we stop hearing how unfair in a state popular that someone won "20 counties out of 22!" but lose the State election? Also. To be fair. 60% (using downstate ny vs upstate stats) should have 60% of the reps. Both sides are guilty of this. Cities that hold the opponent's voting base should not be carved into abnormal shaped districts that contain more of "our base" to keep power. If county X contains 60 out of 100 residents? You create 6 out of 10 seats from that county.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  14. pussycat

It happens here too. Toronto decides who governs Ontario. Toronto votes Liberal, everybody else votes Conservative. 80% of the people live in Toronto, so the Liberals win. If you live outside the GTA, don't bother voting, it won't make any difference.

:mad:

Insp Gadget likes this.
  15. BeBop30

BeBop30 Trusted Member

I can't argue that Hillary was a flawed candidate, but none of her issues can justify the inept jackass we got.

pussycat likes this.
  16. buffyfan

Like it or not. That is how government is supposed to work. Each "County" should not get an "equal say". The majority should decide. Not some algorithmic calculation that gives a county of 10 equal footing with one of 10k.

17. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

I totally and completely disagree. If we had system like the electoral college in New York, then NYC would not be telling the rural farmers that actually support the state how to work, live and pay exorbitant taxes just to support them. We would not have a criminal governor that has surrounded himself with people all under enditements. All because of one concentrated group of self interest motivated people voted for themselves at the expense of the rest of the state. There by DICTATING to the rest of the us. That's is why professionals are leaving the state in droves. We are losing tax dollars because of the high taxes to support the Rotten Apple. Now we are stuck with the criminal Il Duce.

Neophyte and Insp Gadget like this.
  18. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

That may have been true before the Age of Flight, when we tended to gather amongst those of like kind.

But today, people flock to large cities because they can, and because that's where the money is.

And they can come from all over, and many may not share the values and preferences which were observed by the founders of those places.

19. pussycat

That about sums it up. Vancouver is a suburb of Shanghai and Brampton is the Capitol of Bangladesh. And to top it all off, the Premier of Ontario is a communist.

Insp Gadget likes this.
  20. pussycat

Sorry, but that's a load of BS. Even your own founding fathers realized the flaw in that thinking when they gave each state 2 senators, regardless of population. Checks and balances. You have a good system, unfortunately the American people seem to be too stupid to use it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.