1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Are you ready for some football

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by allison17, Jun 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slisse

slisse Moderator Staff Member

Yes they do and they lost today from Russia with 2-0 in the confederation cup.

(and yesterday the volleyball game Belgium-Canada ended on 2-3)

Addition: volleyball game just finished: Italy - Belgium 1-3

annab2 likes this.
  2. incestfan67

incestfan67 Trusted.Member

Getting back to football(American that is.)Here in the states the smallest rural communities play"Eight man"football. Schools with less than a hundred students will have thirty to forty or so boys.On average twelve or so boys make up the football team. Players play both offence and defense during the game.For small communities eight man football is a testament to the spirit of small towns in America.

annab2 likes this.
  3. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Slisse, up until now I didn't know Canada had a volletball team.

:oops:

annab2 likes this.
  4. slisse

OMG, well I better warn you:
    - in the winter there is a lot of snow in Canada!
    - when you go to the woods, be careful for the grizzly bears!

annab2 likes this.
  5. pussycat

Snow, yes

Grizzly Bears, no

just The Big Bad Wolf

(actually lots of wolves)

;)

annab2 likes this.
  6. annab2

annab2 Trusted Member"It ain't pretty being easy!"

Well, I for one, am in total "SHOCK!" I hate to break it to you, but the state in which, I reside, has Grizzly Bears and snow, too! We need to carry firearms, whenever we leave our Ranch house! The closest town is 31-miles away, but there is a STOP & SHOP convenience store, 22-miles away! We live right next to an Indian Reservation, but have never been bothered by our neighbors! "That is mostly because we are Injuns too!" We live in the Bitterroot Mountains Wilderness, it's a mountainous spur of the Western Rocky Mountains just a spit and a dribble from Canada! In fact, we hold Dual Citizenship in Canada and here in the US of A!
    I am a very rare, natural blond, and my brother's hair is, as black as a Raven! ;):rolleyes:

Akbloke likes this.
  7. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

I'm from southern California, what is this thing you call "SNOW".:p

annab2 and Insp Gadget like this.
  8. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

Hey, we up here who are Maple Leafs ice hockey fans, we owe you folks big time - because our best player, and one of the best in the NHL, is a young man (he's 19) called Auston Matthews ...

[​IMG] ... And he hails from San Ramon, California ! You should see how good he looks in one of these, too ...
    [​IMG] :)

I just looked up where San Ramon is, and I guess that it's middle rather than south - but still, it's kind of cool that nowadays, world-class ice hockey players are honing their skills on the frozen ponds of California !

( And I'm still supposed to believe in global warming ?? :rolleyes: )

annab2 and Neophyte like this.
  9. Akbloke

Akbloke Ex Pig-Fixer "Videmus Agamis"

We don't get much of that stuff down-under in Sth East Queensland either......well, maybe just a wee bit in places like Stanthorpe in the depths of winter, but that is because of getting shit weather come up from New South Wales.

10. slisse

It's that white stuff you see on the ground :D
    1483361490849.jpg

11. Akbloke

Yeah, thanks Slisse. I do remember what it is from when I was a lad, and we used to go down to Tongariro, Nga-uruhoe, and Ruapehu to have some fun.

chateau-tongariro.jpg

Cheers

slisse, annab2 and Neophyte like this.
  12. slisse

OMG Akbloke, is that high white thing what people call 'a mountain'?

Sorry, but in Belgium the highest point = 694 m above sea level (the name of the place = signal de Botrange).
    They even made a construction, so that the platform is at 700 m above sea level.
    [for our American members: 700 m = 0.435 mile]

signal de botrange_-_monument_2016.jpg

annab2 likes this.
  13. Neophyte

American's like to measure elevation by feet, so 700 m = 2,297 ft.

annab2 likes this.
  14. Akbloke

Yeah, its a mountain, but not our biggest one, That would be Aoraki Maori for "Cloud piercer", or Mt Cook to the Pakeha (White man). And this is it with Lake Tekapo in the foreground. Aoraki is about 3760 meters, or over 13,000Ft high. A lot of you would have seen this region if you have seen "Lord of the Rings".

Mount Cook-Aoraki and Lake Tekapo.jpeg

annab2 and slisse like this.
  15. slisse

Thank you for this 'good to know'.

16. kimsi88

kimsi88 Trusted Member

At least you have mountains close. I have to travel a long way from Miami to see snow. I don't think the highest point in Florida is taller than your freeways :)

17. Neophyte

I hear that the highest point in Florida is about 300 ft above sea level.:)

annab2 likes this.
  18. annab2

annab2 Trusted Member"It ain't pretty being easy!"

Yeppers, Neo is correct (Never try to convince any type of Engineer that their figures might be mistaken... Our Jim is an Engineer!):) So, I learned that lesson early on! Never try to say that they might have missed even the smallest degree of measurable variance (they have not!) Don't bother to throw any, "What if's" into the mix because they have a formula prepared for every single thing under the Sun, or it just seems to be that way! Engineers study everything from bedrock to solar magnetic properties, and every blasted thing that is in between! o_O
    I love my brother, I just won't try to argue facts and figures with him! :):D;)

Neophyte likes this.
  19. incestfan67

incestfan67 Trusted.Member

Denver Colorado, Mile High Stadium.Playing against the Broncos,getting off the bench gives you a nose bleed.

20. pussycat

It's started!! First CFL game of the season last night. Saskatchewan missed a last second field goal and lost 17 - 16 to Montreal.
    Tiger Cats play sunday, finally something decent on TV, lol.

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.