1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Trump Wins!!!!!

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Dad's toy, Nov 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karel

karel Trusted.Member

So true.

2. karel

karel Trusted.Member

I can't comprehend. On such an open forum, such an ALT show!

3. texasj65

texasj65 Deviant Extraordinaire

4. texasj65

5. Princess Amy

Princess Amy Account Deleted

6. Princess Amy

7. Princess Amy

8. Sally

Sally Account Deleted

I'm sorry Texas, but I don't quite follow this. My understanding of the event depicted by the film was that Oskar Schindler saved the lives of over 1,200 Jewish people by his non-violent intervention. I'm not pretending to have a photographic memory, I just googled the 1200 figure).

So what are you saying? Are you arguing that if those Jewish people had have had guns they would have been able to shoot their way past the Nazi army and even more would have been saved than by Schindler?

My own view is that perhaps an armed Jewish inssurection would have given Hitler the excuse he needed to just kill them out of hand wherever he found them.

I'm really sorry Tex, but can you clarify?
    Sallyx

9. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

There were armed conflicts between the Jews and the Nazis. Look up the origins of the word "ghetto".

10. texasj65

The Jews were loaded in cattle cars and exterminated in mass because they had no way to resist.

1200 saved versus 6,000,000 ish exterminated.... non-violent resistance is ineffective against someone with guns and the desire to eradicate your culture from the face of the planet.

11. Sally

Sally Account Deleted

Actually,Texas, the comparison you just cited "1200 saved versus 6,000,000 ish exterminated" is misleading and inaccurate so far as its relevance to this discussion is concerned, and I'm sure you know that. It takes no account of the numbers that would have been killed had an untrained body of men, women and children taken on a highly efficient, very well armed and highly mechanised army. Nor does it account for the Jewish people who were saved or who survived by non violent means, many of whom went on to found the sate of Israel.

Let's consider what the casualty list of armed resistance may have looked like. In an earlier post you advised me to look up the origins of the word "ghetto". As always, I took your advice. It led me to an analysis of the armed insurrection based in the Jewish ghetto of Warsaw, in Poland, during the Nazi occupation of that city. The casualty list was horrific. So was the method of extermination. The Nazis simply surrounded the ghetto and set it alight. Many people suffocated to death or were burnt. Many were shot down trying to escape the flames. Those who survived were immediately railed to Treblinka extermination camp. The casualty figures vary depending on who wrote them. According to the official German figures, that army lost a total of 17 killed and 93 wounded. The Jewish casualties were sourced at 13,000 killed, 56,885 deported to Treblinka and elsewhere. Wounded were included in the "deported" figures.

The ghetto was completely razed, prisoners from Auschwitch were shipped in to complete the job and a concentration camp complex was built where the ghetto once stood. It was the largest insurrection of Jews in WW2.

karel likes this.
  12. texasj65

The ghetto comment was not from me. Given the choice, I will go out fighting. Cowering on my knees is not happening.

And now back to our regularly scheduled program....

TRUMP WON, killary lost

74897632.jpg

Zarp likes this.
  13. Sally

Sally Account Deleted

I do apologise, had I realised the ghetto comment was from neophyte I would have ignored it.

14. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

Here is the thing. I am a well educated White Male who owns two businesses. I will survive 4 or 8 of Trump.

That said. I still have issues with him. I dont care what he says anymore. I care more that the person in the Big Chair does not actually get how Government works. That is is not, no matter how much he wants it to be, like a business. Unless that business is one where there are 3 partners and if one says no that is basically the end. He still seems to think this is Trump Inc. Where he states and people say yes sir and do not dare question.

Also I have issues (that I would call either side out for) with how much we are spending so his life and his wife's does not change much. Weekends in Maro Lago. She is still in NYC and has stated she does not really WANT to leave even when the school year is over.

Replace the word Trump in the scenario and tell me Conservatives would be OK with it. Here it is. "Michelle is staying in Chicago with the girls for his presidency and his home will now be "White House Middle" With full security that he is RENTING space to. He is visiting his other property each weekend to play golf. That will be White House West. His ADULT family is traveling on Commercial endeavors. They will now have Secret Service though." No way would they be OK with it.

karel likes this.
  15. Princess Amy

16. Princess Amy

17. Princess Amy

18. Princess Amy

19. Zarp

Zarp Trusted.Member

I couldn't agree more Princess. Grow the fuck up people. There is no such thing as a safe space in real life. Learn that sometimes you loose and sometimes life hurts, you can't and won't always get your way!!!

annab2, i hrt strs and Princess Amy like this.
  20. Princess Amy

for sure

Ausstde and annab2 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.